Out Board PAT-4 Test Processors and QC-Check software address evolving compliance standards and focus on enhanced workflow efficiency and quality management, essential to busy and growing hire companies.
The heavy-duty PAT-4 Test Processors, available in 16A single-phase and 32A or 125A three-phase versions, incorporate dual 32-bit RISC ARM processors which allow them to be configured for a wide range of emerging international test standards. The QC-Check test automation and database logging software not only controls and records the tests but also provides an audit-trail for all aspects of warehouse safety inspection plus prep, pick, despatch and return logistics.
Combined PAT and Cable test workstations are created by adding one or more CAB-5 Cable Test modules to perform electrical safety tests on power cables from 5 to 100 circuits.
A further optional RCD-T module performs fully-isolated RCD tests with results recorded in QC-Check.
PAT-4 Test Processors, CAB-5 Cable Testers and RCD-T RCD Testers are supplied with bespoke QC-Check workstations tailored to customer requirements. Systems specification, data integration, sales and supply are managed by Data Strategy Ltd.
● Integral ARM processors provide an adaptable, future-proofed platform to meet a wide range of statutory international test regimes
● Powers off any ac supply ranging from 85-250V, and all measuring elements are completely isolated from the ac supply
● Provides high-precision measurement (±2%) of resistance, current and voltages very fast so tests routines are quick
● Standard interface is USB with optional Ethernet for multiple units in a thin client environment
● Available in Single-Phase / 16Amp version and 3-Phase / 32Amp or 125Amp versions
● Add-ons include Cable and RCD modules – PAT, Cable and RCD testing can be accommodated on the same workstation.
● Built-in IEC cable tester checks continuity, phase polarity and core insulation.
● The PAT-4, CAB-5 and RCD-T testers comply with the following standards and recommendations:
● BS EN 62638 (Draft) - Recurrent test and test after repair and modification of electrical equipment. This is the forthcoming BSI standard for PAT testing.
● DIN VDE 0701-0702: 2008 – testing the electrical safety of electrical devices after repair modification and for periodic testing. The current German standard for PAT testing.
● AS/NZ 3760:2010 (Draft) – In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment. Australian/New Zealand standard for PAT testing.
● HSE publication ‘Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment’
● IEE publication ‘Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment, 3rd Edition’.
● BS EN 61557-6 - RCD-T test module option is capable of applying the full range of test current to an in-service accuracy.
● Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) - QC-Check 4.0 is available with an optional data form for recording the result of a LOLER inspection as completed by an appropriately qualified person.