PAT-4 System Key Features
• Integral ARM processors provide an adaptable, future-proofed platform to meet a wide range of statutory international test regimes
• Powers off any ac supply ranging from 85-250V, and all measuring elements are completely isolated from the ac supply
• Provides high-precision measurement (±2%) of resistance, current and voltages very fast so tests routines are quick.
• Standard interface is USB with optional Ethernet for multiple units in a thin client environment
• Available in Single-Phase and 3-Phase versions at current ratings of 16A or 32A
• Add-ons include Cable and RCD modules – PAT, Cable and RCD testing can be accommodated on the same workstation.
• Built-in IEC cable tester checks continuity, phase polarity and core insulation.
QC-Check 4.0 Software
QC-Check carries full details of equipment preparation, quality management routines and electrical safety test parameters, allowing highly efficient PAT and cable test on the fly during prep or offline as part of a quarantine workflow procedure. Complex layered tests can be user-defined for special items such as IWB’s and stage boxes, and sub-hired equipment can be temporarily tested and logged as Guest items.
Test results are updated in real-time at an individual asset level for each item, and detailed user-branded PAT Test manifests can be generated instantly to go out with the job. Non-electrical items can also be covered by their own preparation procedures and reports, including LOLER data forms for inspection of lifting devices.
PAT-4 and QC-Check communicate via USB or Ethernet, and the system readily networks into multi-seat, multi-site configurations including thin-client implementations. The data and operations can be seamlessly integrated into third-party rental software, and Data Strategy has a wealth of experience working with most contemporary products as well as a number of proprietary environments.
QC-Check 4.0 Software Key Features
• Network software utilising an SQL server backend to facilitate multiple live PAT and Cable test workstations
• Records full history of test measurements and PASS/FAIL status. User-configurable report writer with can output to printer, email or PDF.
• Multi-layered user log-ins allow tailoring of test instructions and quality management routines to different skill levels
• Proven integration track record with various rental management software including proprietary systems
The PAT-4, CAB-5 and RCD-T testers comply with the following standards and recommendations:
• BS EN 62638 (Draft) - Recurrent test and test after repair and modification of electrical equipment. This is the forthcoming BSI standard for PAT testing.
• DIN VDE 0701-0702: 2008 – testing the electrical safety of electrical devices after repair modification and for periodic testing. The current German standard for PAT testing.
• AS/NZ 3760:2010 (Draft) – In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment. Australian/New Zealand standard for PAT testing.
• HSE publication ‘Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment’
• IEE publication ‘Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment, 3rd Edition’.
• BS EN 61557-6 - RCD-T test module option is capable of applying the full range of test current to an in-service accuracy.
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) - QC-Check 4.0 is available with an optional data form for recording the result of a LOLER inspection as completed by an appropriately qualified person.
Click here to download the PAT-4 Web Brochure PDF (679k)